Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cemetery prop build 2012

Thought I would post a couple of photos of the new props that I am working on for this years yard haunt. The first is a lamp post which I first saw on Pumpkinrot's site who featured some photos from
Screamin Scott- http://hauntspace.com/user/ScreaminScott/gallery. Something about the simplicity of it struck me and of course I had to have one. So, after taking a old coach lantern, getting some pvc pipe and black spray paint, I was in business. The sign I cut from a piece of pine and painted and air brushed
for a more old school feel.



This next prop I'm not even really sure what it is, but I like it. The pieces are from the old Deadwood sign from last year. After the wind blew the pillars and sign over and nearly hit a TOT...I decided to can that prop and salvage some of the pieces and this is what happened. I think it will look nice among the tombstones. 




Well, thats it for now. Still plenty of time left....just need to find more storage space.

                                                                              

                                                                           

7 comments:

  1. Nice job! Sorry to hear about your Deadwood sign. It was really well done, but better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great....love them! Thanks for sharing your spooky creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Both props look great! I really love the frame for the winged skelly prop. Very gothic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm impressed! I love artistic hanging signs as it is, but that bird is the perfect touch. It seems like it should be at our renaissance faire. At least at the faire around here, all the shops have unique hanging signs. I could see this outside a spooky book shop or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words everyone!
    Justine- are you talking about the Bristol Faire? I'm only about 10 minutes away from there and have been there numerous times over the years. Always a great time. And it's funny you should mention that, I always wanted to build props and even signs for the Faire- but life gets in the way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful props. Love the way you painted the Happy Halloween sign with the dark edges that fade as they move closer to the center.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the lamp post with the crow and the witch, and the skeleton is wonderful! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete