Friday, January 28, 2022

New prop build

 Ok, so I had this really cool tiki torch I bought at Menards probably 15 years ago, had an awesome pumpkin head on top.  Never saw them again

Well the canister for the torch fluid finally fell apart and since it was a special size could not be replaced.

So I wondered what I could do with the pumpkin head since it had a big hole in the top for the torch when I realized I had a 36" skeleton that was in the trunks in the basement. And wouldn't you know the head fit perfectly. I had to build up the top where the hole was and put a stem on it for the finishing touch.

I call him the Trick or treater.

I saw on the Highbury Cemetery blog how he made a cool trick or treater prop and thus came the inspiration, so thank you for that.

Just a little Halloween fun during a cold January




6 comments:

  1. I love his jaunty pose and little pumpkin bucket. It is a fabulous upcycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady M. Yes he does have a little attitude. Always great to re use items

      Delete
  2. Love it! Great pose too. Always nice to make new Halloween props out of the parts of old ones and breath new life into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decided to check on my old blogger crew, and was very happy to see that you're still active! I absolutely LOVE this prop, and I think you did a damned good job converting the old tiki head! Stroke of brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill man! nice to hear from you. Blogger has been giving me fits with comments lately so my comments are pretty spotty

      Delete